Current Dock Status: OPEN 11:00-7:00 PM
Current Community Centre Office Status: By appointment on weekdays from 11:00 AM-5:00 PM
Last updated October 7 2020, 8:08 PM
October 7, 2020
Thank you for joining us this season! Our rental season is now closed for 2020, and will reopen in Spring 2021. The docks are open from 11:00 AM-7:00 PM for passholder bookings in October. Hours and procedures for the winter season will change depending on safety factors and daylight hours. For assistance, please email email@example.com.
COVID-19 Operational Plan Highlights
A list of our safety measures taken is available at dragonboatbc.ca/covid19. These include:
- Adjusting or cancelling programs to reduce opportunities where participants cannot adequately socially distance.
- Changing hours of operation and boat availability to limit number of people on docks, and fully staffing docks during hours of operation.
- Requiring staff and guests to stay at home if they feel ill, are a confirmed COVID contact, or have been outside of Canada in the last 2 weeks.
- Collecting contact information for all guests on the docks.
- Conducting arrival questionnaires for all visitors at check-in before allowing visitors on the docks.
- Requiring masks at check-in and on the docks before/after paddling. Disposable masks provided at check-in on request. Reuseable masks available online at paddlevancouver.ca/collections/dragonboatbc.
- Disinfecting all boats, PFDs, paddles, and common surfaces are regularly and between users.
- Providing hand sanitizer at facility entry and exits, and on request from any staff member.
- Implementing one-way traffic flow has been through the facility.
- Kayak Rentals – Reserve online at register.dragonboatbc.ca
- If you are unable to make your slot, please notify us immediately. Please ensure you read the terms and conditions as listed on your booking confirmation.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours in advance when using a gift card/voucher with the card/voucher number, requested date/time, quantity and type of boat, full name, and contact phone number. Same day voucher/gift card reservations, or special reservations may not be accepted.
- Intro to Kayak – Register online at register.dragonboatbc.ca
- OC-1 Passholder Use – Reservations required via booking sheet, instructions on booking sheet
- OC-1 Summer Pass available for use until September 30. Visit dragonzone.ca/outrigger for more information on pass requirements and orientations.
- Kayak Passholder Use – Reservations required via email@example.com
- Kayak September, Winter (October 1-February 28), and Annual (October 1-September 30) now available. Visit creeksidekayaks.ca/passes for more information on pass. Register online for a pass at register.dragonboatbc.ca. 10% off early bird discount until October 31.
- Reservations accepted beginning each Saturday for the following week. Your reservation only is confirmed when you get a system reservation confirmation. Reservation requests must be in by 7:00 PM the evening before. If you are unable to make your slot, please notify us immediately. Repeated no-shows may lead to suspension of your booking privileges.
Kayak passes have been automatically lengthened by 3 months. If your pass expired during the closure period, it will be lengthened to make up for the difference between March 16 and whenever your original expiry date was.
Existing passholders with expiry dates prior to October 1, 2020 may email firstname.lastname@example.org for a custom “top up pass” to extend their pass to September 30, 2020.
Dragon Boat BC Programming
Please visit the following websites for further information on our other programs and operations:
- Concord Pacific Dragon Boat Festival: concorddragonboatfestival.ca/alerts
- Steveston Dragon Boat Festival: stevestondragonboatfestival.ca/alerts
- Dragon Zone Paddling Club: dragonzone.ca/alerts
- Creekside Kayaks: creeksidekayaks.ca/alerts
- Vessi 500 Championship: dragonzone.ca/vessi500
- Oddball 2,000 Challenge: dragonzone.ca/oddballchallenge
- Dragon Zone Youth Regatta: dragonzone.ca/youthregatta
- Dragon Boat BC Media Centre: dragonboatbc.ca/media
- Dragon Boat BC COVID-19 Updates: dragonboatbc.ca/covid19
Any updates or changes will be issued through our regular communication channels including our online sites. We continue to adjust our operations and regularly review the situation. Our offices remain closed, but support is available during our dock hours of operation at email@example.com. Please note that there may be a delay in response.
As a non-profit organization, we are deeply grateful and thankful for the support from the paddling community, and we apologize for the temporary inconvenience.