Current Dock Status: OPEN 11:00 AM-8:30 PM TO AUGUST 11, 11:00 AM-8:00 PM TO AUGUST 20, 11:00 AM-7:00 PM TO SEPTEMBER 30
Current Community Centre Office Status: CLOSED
Last updated August 6 2020, 4:40 PM
August 6, 2020
The docks are open from 11:00 AM-8:30 PM daily until August 11. Hours and procedures will change depending on safety factors and daylight hours.
COVID-19 Operational Plan Highlights
A list of our safety measures taken is available at dragonboatbc.ca/covid19. These include:
- Adjusting or cancelling programs to reduce opportunities where participants cannot adequately socially distance.
- Changing hours of operation and boat availability to limit number of people on docks, and fully staffing docks during hours of operation.
- Requiring staff and guests to stay at home if they feel ill, are a confirmed COVID contact, or have been outside of Canada in the last 2 weeks.
- Collecting contact information for all guests on the docks.
- Conducting arrival questionnaires for all visitors at check-in before allowing visitors on the docks.
- Requiring masks at check-in and on the docks before/after paddling. Disposable masks provided at check-in on request. Reuseable masks available online at paddlevancouver.ca/collections/dragonboatbc.
- Disinfecting all boats, PFDs, paddles, and common surfaces are regularly and between users.
- Providing hand sanitizer at facility entry and exits, and on request from any staff member.
- Implementing one-way traffic flow has been through the facility.
- Kayak Rentals – Reserve online at register.dragonboatbc.ca
- If you are unable to make your slot, please notify us immediately. Please ensure you read the terms and conditions as listed on your booking confirmation.
- Email email@example.com at least 24 hours in advance when using a gift card/voucher with the card/voucher number, requested date/time, quantity and type of boat, full name, and contact phone number. Same day voucher/gift card reservations, or special reservations may not be accepted.
- Intro to Kayak – Register online at register.dragonboatbc.ca
- OC-1 Passholder Use – Reservations required via booking sheet, instructions on booking sheet
- OC-1 Summer Pass available for use until September 30. Visit dragonzone.ca/outrigger for more information on pass requirements and orientations.
- Kayak Passholder Use – Reservations required via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kayak Summer Pass available for use until September 30. Visit creeksidekayaks.ca/passes for more information on pass. Register online for a pass at register.dragonboatbc.ca.
- Reservations accepted beginning each Saturday for the following week. Your reservation only is confirmed when you get a system reservation confirmation. Reservation requests must be in by 7:00 PM the evening before. If you are unable to make your slot, please notify us immediately. Repeated no-shows may lead to suspension of your booking privileges.
Kayak passes have been automatically lengthened by 3 months. If your pass expired during the closure period, it will be lengthened to make up for the difference between March 16 and whenever your original expiry date was.
Beginning in October 2020, a new pass model will be introduced that offers a flexible range of seasonal passes in addition to annual passes.
Existing passholders with expiry dates prior to October 1, 2020 may email email@example.com for a custom “top up pass” to extend their pass to September 30, 2020.
Dragon Boat BC Programming
Please visit the following websites for further information on our other programs and operations:
- Concord Pacific Dragon Boat Festival: concorddragonboatfestival.ca/alerts
- Steveston Dragon Boat Festival: stevestondragonboatfestival.ca/alerts
- Dragon Zone Paddling Club: dragonzone.ca/alerts
- Creekside Kayaks: creeksidekayaks.ca/alerts
- Vessi 500 Championship: dragonzone.ca/vessi500
- Oddball 2,000 Challenge: dragonzone.ca/oddballchallenge
- Dragon Zone Youth Regatta: dragonzone.ca/youthregatta
- Dragon Boat BC Media Centre: dragonboatbc.ca/media
- Dragon Boat BC COVID-19 Updates: dragonboatbc.ca/covid19
Any updates or changes will be issued through our regular communication channels including our online sites. We continue to adjust our operations and regularly review the situation. Our offices remain closed, but support is available during our dock hours of operation at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that there may be a delay in response.
As a non-profit organization, we are deeply grateful and thankful for the support from the paddling community, and we apologize for the temporary inconvenience.