Current Dock Status: OPEN 11:00 AM-9:00 PM DAILY
Current Community Centre Office Status: CLOSED
Last updated June 26 2020, 5:00 PM
June 26, 2020
The docks are open from 11:00 AM-9:00 PM daily at this time. Note that hours and restrictions may change depending on safety considerations. Please note the following details.
- OC-1 Membership Use – Reservations required via booking sheet
Reservations open each Saturday for the following week. Reservations should be in by 7:00 PM the evening before to ensure it is on our staff information sheet for the following day. If you are unable to make your slot, please change the sheet before 7:00 PM. Repeated no-shows may lead to suspension of your booking privileges.
- Kayak Passholder Use – Reservations required via firstname.lastname@example.org
Reservations are accepted beginning each Saturday for the following week. Your reservation is not confirmed until you get a system generated reservation confirmation. Reservation requests should be in by 7:00 PM the evening before to ensure it is on our staff information sheet for the following day. If you are unable to make your slot, please notify us immediately. Repeated no-shows may lead to suspension of your booking privileges.
- Kayak Rentals – Reservations recommended via register.dragonboatbc.ca
Reservation requests should be in by 7:00 PM the evening before to ensure it is on our staff information sheet for the following day. If you are unable to make your slot, please notify us immediately. Please ensure you read the terms and conditions as listed on your booking confirmation.
- Select individual boat Intro programs (dates/details TBA)
During this time, all member slots are a maximum of 55 minutes long to allow staff enough time to sanitize boats between use. As part of the reopening plan, the following safety measures in line with BC’s Restart Plan, WorkSafeBC guidelines, guidelines issued by NSOs, provincial health authorities, and other public health officials will be taken:
- Staff and volunteers must wear masks that cover their nose and mouth while on land.
- Anyone experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, is a confirmed contact of someone with COVID-19, or who has travelled out of Canada in the last 14 days will not be allowed on the docks or to paddle and should be in self-isolation/quarantine.
- Immunocompromised individuals are not encouraged to paddle at this time.
- No paddling or dock access is permitted outside of the modified hours of operation at this time.
- No washrooms, bag storage, paddle storage, or lockers are available at this time. Sheds are not open to users at this time.
- Docks will be operating on a one-way system- enter only through the East gate, and exit only through the West gate.
- Dock users will be required to follow the newly painted marks and lines to ensure at least 2 metres social distancing.
- Plexiglass barriers will separate paddlers and staff at check-in.
- Boats and equipment will be sanitized between users. Paddlers with their own paddles and approved PFDs should use their own equipment.
- Please email email@example.com if you would like to take out an OC paddle on a temporary loan.
Please note the following adjustment to passes as a result of COVID-19.
- Creekside Kayak passes will be lengthened by 11 weeks if your pass was valid during the entire closure period from March 16 to June 1.
- If your pass expired during the closure period, it will be lengthened to make up for the difference between March 16 and whenever your original expiry date was.
Beginning in October 2020, a new pass model will be implemented that offers passes running from October-September, March-June, or March-September.
A special Creekside Kayaks “top-up” pass will be offered to existing passholders for the period between their new pass expiry date until the end of September 2021.
Preventing the Spread of COVID-19
The Club recognizes and thanks the first responders and essential workers who have served the community and helped protect our community against the brunt of COVID-19. During the closure period, the Club has partnered with community organizations to offer support, help coordinate action, and provide assistance within its capacity.
The Club notes the importance of continuing the fight against COVID-19 as British Columbia begins to reopen. For links to information on mitigating the risk of spreading COVID-19, emergency government funding measures, and ways to contribute to the fight against COVID-19, please visit dragonboatbc.ca/covid19.
As the situation develops and evolves, we will notify teams and paddlers of any updates or changes to the reopening date through our regular communication channels including dragonzone.ca/alerts. We continue to review the situation, and will make adjustments to our operations as needed. The office is physically closed at the moment. Please do not call the office as we are not able to access our phones. We are available to help you via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a non-profit organization, we are deeply grateful and thankful for the support from the paddling community, and we apologize for the temporary inconveniences. We look forward to welcoming everyone back as soon as this situation is resolved. For individuals or organizations looking to assist during these times, please contact us at email@example.com