Enjoy the benefits of an active lifestyle at our easy to access location, just steps from the seawall.
Seasonal passes provide you easy access to the water during our hours of operation.
Our new kayak pass system is now here! The new pass system offers more flexible registration options and links up to existing categories of registration. Pay for what you need. Looking to train year-round? We have a new pass that lines up with the paddling season. Looking for something to do over the summer? We’ve got you covered.
Starting October 1, all Dragon Zone programs will operate using the same time frames and registration categories to simplify your registration process and experience. Watch out for other changes we’re making to the club and our other events and programs as part of the Dragon Boat BC 2025 Plan.
If you already have a Creekside Kayak pass and are looking to renew your pass, please email email@example.com for information on a special transition pass to get you on to the new pass system.
- Kayak Annual Pass (October 1, 2020-September 30, 2021)
- Kayak Winter Pass (October 1, 2020-February 28, 2021)
- Kayak Half Year Pass (March 1-September 30, 2021): Details TBA
- Kayak Summer Pass (June 1-September 30, 2021): Details TBA
All Access users require provide proof of eligibility for All Access rate (accessibility team, senior 60+, or U24). Junior users must provide proof of eligibility for Junior rate (18 and under but at least 12 as of October 1, 2020). Pass signups without being able to provide proper proof of eligibility will lead to a suspension of your pass without credit. Junior users must be accompanied on the water as per our standard operating rules unless otherwise advised in writing.
If you do not have kayaking experience, please click here for details on our Intro to Kayak course.
COVID-19 Passholder Operational Changes
- Reservations required via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reservations accepted from Saturday onwards for the following week, and must be received by 7:00 PM the evening before your intended booking slot.
- Ongoing operational updates at dragonzone.ca/alerts. Users must abide by social distancing measures, sanitation measures, and quarantine measures if they exhibit any illness symptoms/are a confirmed COVID-19 contact/have been out of Canada recently. All users must wear a mask while on land. We will not allow individuals on the docks if they do not abide by our COVID meaures.
- Passes active during our closure period from March 16-June 1 were extended by 3 months as a one-time special gesture.
Access the facility during our hours of operation, and enjoy easy access to the water.
- 1 kayak/SUP slot/day (1 hour slot until September 30) and access to safety equipment, paddles, and PFD.
- If using a tandem boat, both paddlers must be current passholders, or fee charged for guest.
- Creekside Community Centre gym discounts.
- Procedures adjusted from time to time. Boat/facility access subject to safety and/or other restrictions. Visit dragonzone.ca/rules for details, and dragonzone.ca/alerts for up-to-date dock and facility notices.
General Rules and Procedure
Guests who are not pass holders may be required to provide photo ID and/or a credit card as a deposit while you are on the water.
Late arrivals may not be able to be accommodated, and forfeit any time between their booked time and time of arrival. They must return to the docks at their originally scheduled time of return.
Please ensure you return by the end of your time, as other users will be waiting for the boat. Late rental returns will be subject to penalties.
- Late return fee during hours of operation: Single Kayak- $50 plus tax per kayak per hour rounded up to the hour, Double Kayak- $100 plus tax per kayak per hour rounded up to the hour.
- Late return fee outside hours of operation: Single Kayak- $100 plus tax per kayak per hour rounded up to the hour, Double Kayak- $200 plus tax per kayak per hour rounded up to the hour. Additional penalties as appropriate.
All paddlers must wear an approved PFD while in the boat at all times. Paddlers are not allowed to take off their PFD at any time while on the water. Each kayak contains all required safety equipment. You will be given a brief safety and kayak briefing before you depart.
At least one person in a tandem kayak and canoe must be 18 years of age. Youth between the ages of 12-18 must be closely supervised by their parent/guardian while on the water. Youth aged 7-12 must be in the same boat as their parent/guardian while on the water (i.e. in a tandem boat).
It is highly recommended that you bring your cell phone with you in case of an emergency.
The following are prohibited activities. In case of breach of these rules, your session may be terminated immediately without any refund or credit provided.
- Feeding or provoking wildlife
- Trespassing on private property
- Intentionally capsizing or swamping
- Leaving our operational boundaries at the time of your check-in, including not going beyond Burrard Street Bridge at any time.
- Paddling while under the influence of drugs or alcohol is strictly prohibited. Any breach of this rule will lead to an automatic and permanent ban.
Refunds and Transfers
Passes are non-refundable and non-transferrable for any reason. Access to the docks, boats, equipment, or other benefits may be restricted for any reason throughout the year including for safety or maintenance purposes. No refunds or credits will be provided in these cases.
We reserve the right to end or cancel your pass for any reason including for safety reasons, disruptive or inappropriate conduct, failure to respect reservation policies, or failure to abide by our rules and policies including waiver submission, without refund.