Set out from Olympic Village and discover Vancouver from the water this summer.
Rentals are open until September 30! Reserve your boat at register.dragonboatbc.ca. Rental season opens June 1-September 30.
- Single Kayak: $25/55 minutes
- Tandem Kayak: $50/55 minutes (Both paddlers should be part of the same household in compliance with public health measures)
Rentals include boat use, paddle, safety equipment, PFD, and a brief safety/kayak briefing prior to paddling. If you do not have kayaking experience, please click here for details on our Intro to Kayak course.
Help us speed up your check in by pre-printing and filling in waivers:
All prices are plus taxes. Please reserve your boat online at register.dragonboatbc.ca. Please note that only credit and debit is accepted at this time.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours in advance when using a gift card/voucher with the card/voucher number, requested date/time, quantity and type of boat, full name, and contact phone number. Same day voucher/gift card reservations, or special reservations may not be accepted.
COVID-19 Operational Changes
All guests are required to follow our COVID-19 requirements, including but not limited to:
- Wearing a mask while at check in or on the docks before/after paddling.
- Staying at home if you are feeling sick, have been outside of Canada in the last 14 days, or if you are a confirmed COVID-19 contact.
- Following staff instructions and regular sanitation measures.
What to Bring and Wear
No special clothing is required for rentals. Please only wear/bring items that you are comfortable getting wet. Ideal clothing includes:
- Dry-fit clothing (shorts and t-shirt if hot, long sleeved shirts/shell pants/water resistant jackets if cold)
- Hat or cap
- An old pair of runners or flip flops
- Water bottle and sunscreen (no water bottle refill stations available at this time)
- Leave valuables and bags at home
Our facility is on the docks outside of Creekside Community Centre, 1 Athletes Way, Vancouver, at the foot of Ontario Street just south of Science World.
If you are taking transit, Main Street Science World is the nearest stop. Visit translink.ca to plan your trip here.
Street parking is available in the area and in underground lots in neighbouring buildings.
DUE TO COVID-19, CREEKSIDE COMMUNITY CENTRE IS CLOSED. WASHROOMS, WATER BOTTLE REFILL STATIONS, AND SHOWERS ARE TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE. PLEASE PLAN ACCORDINGLY.
Plan to arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled start time. Our check in area is located under the red tent on the seawall in front of Creekside Community Centre.
Speed up your check in by pre-printing and pre-completing waivers to give to staff at check-in. Youth aged 18 or under are required to have a parent/guardian sign their waiver. Visit dragonzone.ca/downloads to get your waiver.
General Rules and Procedure
Guests who are not pass holders may be required to provide photo ID and/or a credit card as a deposit while you are on the water.
Late arrivals may not be able to be accommodated, and forfeit any time between their booked time and time of arrival. They must return to the docks at their originally scheduled time of return.
Please ensure you return by the end of your time, as other users will be waiting for the boat. Late rental returns will be subject to penalties.
- Late return fee during hours of operation: Single Kayak- $50 plus tax per kayak per hour rounded up to the hour, Double Kayak- $100 plus tax per kayak per hour rounded up to the hour.
- Late return fee outside hours of operation: Single Kayak- $100 plus tax per kayak per hour rounded up to the hour, Double Kayak- $200 plus tax per kayak per hour rounded up to the hour. Additional penalties as appropriate.
All paddlers must wear an approved PFD while in the boat at all times. Paddlers are not allowed to take off their PFD at any time while on the water. Each kayak contains all required safety equipment. You will be given a brief safety and kayak briefing before you depart.
At least one person in a tandem kayak and canoe must be 18 years of age. Youth between the ages of 12-18 must be closely supervised by their parent/guardian while on the water. Youth aged 6-12 must be in the same boat as their parent/guardian while on the water (i.e. in a tandem boat).
It is highly recommended that you bring your cell phone with you in case of an emergency.
The following are prohibited activities. In case of breach of these rules, your session may be terminated immediately without any refund or credit provided.
- Feeding or provoking wildlife
- Trespassing on private property
- Intentionally capsizing or swamping
- Leaving our operational boundaries at the time of your check-in, including not going beyond Burrard Street Bridge at any time.
- Paddling while under the influence of drugs or alcohol is strictly prohibited. Any breach of this rule will lead to an automatic and permanent ban.
Refunds and Transfers
Refunds for any reason including ones initiated by Creekside Kayaks are subject to a 25% holdback fee if requested at least 7 days prior to your rental session. No refunds will be issued within 7 days of your rental session. Only a credit to be used within the calendar year will be offered between 7 days prior to your rental session until 5:00 PM on the last day we are open before your rental session. No credit will be offered if your request is received after 5:00 PM on the day we are open before your rental session.
Name changes on the reservation are permitted at any time. If your reservation is prepaid, the original reservation holder should contact us ahead of time to notify us that the reservation will be under a different individual.
If you arrive late, staff will try and provide you with your originally booked length of session at their discretion. No refunds or credits will be provided for partial sessions missed due to late arrival or using fewer boats than originally booked.
We reserve the right to end or cancel your rental session for any reason including for safety reasons, disruptive or inappropriate conduct, or failure to abide by our rules and policies including waiver submission, without refund.